Thursday, July 15, 2010

M&Ms With Faces






There are still a lot of people who don't know that you can buy M&Ms with faces on them-I was hoping that my friend was one of the ones not in the know.

She has a mile stone birthday coming up so I wanted to do something special- so I ordered her Purple M&Ms with her face on them.

I went on- line to the M&M website. For my price range I could order 4 bags with 1 face picture or 3 bags with two faces. Since the cool part is the faces, I ordered the two faces. You also get two lines of verbiage , I put her name and Happy Birthday.

The day the package arrived, I was so worried the M&Ms would melt in my care, and excited for her to see them, that I insisted that she allow me to give her my present early. I convinced her by saying that the present needs to sit on her station at work for all to see and everyone would know it was her birthday with out her bringing it up, -now the fun begins.

She loved loved absolutely loved the M&Ms, more than I would have thought possible. They came in a big brown box with white insulation for keeping them cool. She carried that box everywhere she went that day and the next ,out to eat,to church,to visit friends. She never opened not one bag, and I kept saying open one bag you have 4, (they gave me a free bag) put them in a jar.

Well today she finally opened one bag and put the M&Ms into a glass jar to sit on her station. Taking the jar with her when she left work, the jar fell off the car seat hit the floor and the M&Ms went everywhere. Just that quick in the Arizona sun, she said she felt them crumbling in her hand no longer solid, and she watched her face distorting and melting off the candy. I guess now the other 3 bags of M&Ms will be in the freezer like the first slice of wedding cake waiting for the next milestone birthday.

Needless to say I gave her the best gift and the best way to ruin it.

Until next time-Peace and Love- The Gypsy

No comments:

Post a Comment